We are looking for a Regional Sales Executive to join our Small Group Sales Executive team. Your job is to bring added value to athenas network of existing clients through our new services, or to sell athena service packages into prospective accounts that you identify and source within the ambulatory marketplace. You will own a quota, deliver against assigned KPIs, partner with tenured Sales or Account Executives to close deals, and learn the athena sales process and foundational sales skills. The Regional Sales Executive position is designed to shorten the learning curve of a new Sales or Account Executive in order to drive immediate success once placed in a permanent territory position. But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You are a team player who works well through change and doesnt view any challenge as too big to tackle. You are staying up to date on trends happening within the industry, and continuously learning so that you are best prepared to speak with prospects. You are able to work within a fast paced environment, and are not afraid to speak up when resources are needed. You are action oriented and driven to succeed.
The Team: The Small Group Sales team is responsible for continuing to expand athenas footprint by selling our solutions into small group physician practices. This is an expansive and crucial market for athenahealth, and your role would have a direct impact on our overall growth and success.
- Manage a full-cycle sale process, including prospecting, selling, and closing
- Maintain a strong sales pipeline using Salesforce
- Develop skills around athenas sales process and value messaging guided by a series of certification milestones throughout the developmental period
- Conduct product demonstrations via WebEx/Teams to prospects or clients
- Produce accurate forecasts to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual quota
- Leverage internal resources to generate new leads: marketing, inside sales and CSMs
- Efficiently leverage the online contracting process to close deals
- Be open to in-market travel
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 2-4 years of corporate, client-facing work experience
- 1-3 years of sales experience (may include inside sales, telesales, or quota)
- Working knowledge of CRM, preferably salesforce
- Strong presentation and communication skills (both in person and on the
Behaviors & Abilities Required:
- Receptive to feedback from both sales mentor and manager.
- A team player and positive attitude
- Ability to understand a full-cycle sales process
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication skills- both written and verbal
- athenas core competencies of all employees: teaching, learning, and teamwork
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA at our global headquarters or at our office in Atlanta, GA.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.