The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
- Maintain professional interaction with internal (IT) & external organization business units, and with end users
- Perform assessments of the system, system flowcharts, functional specifications and logic, input/output requirements, reports and functional database design for logistical processes
- Participate in all phases of the project lifecycle
- Interact with end users to understand and clearly dene and document requirements while managing/supporting expectations of business stakeholders
- Interact with vendor support resources when resolution requires further investigation, requires escalation or enhancement requests.
- Consult and work directly with IT project manager, business stakeholders, and developers to design, develop and configure applications using standard tools and software.
- Apply project management standards ensuring obstacles and risks are identied, tracked, escalated, and communicated to team members and the project manager accordingly.
- Coordinate and participate in required testing/validation of system enhancements and xes using JIRA.
- Track, research, document, and report (as needed) issues/requests reported by end users and follow through to resolution utilizing issue tracking tools such as JIRA.
- Minimum 2 years of systems analysis related experience with IT application development project(s).
- 2 years of experience with software development life cycle, from development to the roll- out of enterprise applications/system enhancements.
- 2 years of experience with dening and developing business requirements and functional specications that provide clear and concise application and operational requirements.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of software deployment methodologies and best practices.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with project methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile and SCRUM.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with the following application tools: JIRA/Confluence.
- Preferred knowledge in the following business applications: Netsuite (or similar ERP), Salesforce (or similar CRM), Github (or similar code/version control), Okta (or similar IAM), Tableau (or similar analytics/visualization tool)
- Ability to eectively use MS Oce tools including Visio, Project, Word, Excel, MS Access, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to eectively relate and communicate at all levels, including explaining technical matters in business terms.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to taking complex or ambiguous issues, identifying the root cause, articulating options for moving forward, and building consensus around a course of action.
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.