The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Please note: this role will require an in person presence at our Bedford, MA office on a hybrid basis.
- Maintain management systems for virtual & physical desktop environments across various operating systems (Mac and Windows).
- Develop complex automation processes for common tasks such as user and laptop provisioning, data discovery, and patch management.
- Document architectures, process workflows, and troubleshooting procedures related to SaaS applications and endpoint systems.
- Perform day-to-day operational support and monitor the efficiency of SaaS applications, endpoint management systems, and automation tools.
- Testing, planning, and coordination of new application and hardware implementations.
- Peer review and approve change requests as the subject matter expert for scoped systems.
- Mentor and direct junior engineers to identify and improve technical skill sets.
- Minimum 5+ years of related IT / system administrator experience.
- 3+ years maintaining SaaS applications, APIs, automation platforms, and scripting (Python, Powershell).
- 3+ years supporting Mac and Windows laptops and laptop management systems.
- Experience with managing Google Workspace, Jira/Confluence, Okta.
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills .
- Strong communication and analytical skills (written and verbal).
- Experience with SaaS automation platforms (BetterCloud, Okta Workflows).
- Bachelors degree relevant to responsibilities or equivalent experience
- Project management experience.
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.
Our US benefits package is listed here - additional benefits packages available upon request