The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Candidates please note: This role can be located remotely in the West Coast.
- Work directly with customers to provide technical troubleshooting and recommend appropriate workaround(s) and solutions for all EDB product lines and open-source PostgreSQL products.
- Collaborate with customers and Technical Support engineers to triage issues, create reproducible test cases, and file Development requests.
- Collaborate with Development resources, many of whom are core members and major contributors to the PostgreSQL community, to identify bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Serve as the primary point of contact to premium customers on priority engagements.
- Document solutions, procedures, and standards for customers as well as for internal use.
- 2+ years of significant experience with PostgreSQL, as well as experience with Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, or equivalent knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL third-party tools (i.e., pgpool, slony, pgbouncer, etc.)
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong problem-solving skills for abstract and complex issues
- Quick-thinking, able to work well under pressure
- Adept at documenting efforts, actions, and results
- Technical Support experience
- Experience with Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and RDS
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Zookeeper or Kafka
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.