Bullhorn is looking for a Systems Engineer I to join our Technology team.
Bullhorn is the leading global software provider for the staffing and recruitment industry. More than 10,000 companies rely on Bullhorn’s cloud-based platform to power their staffing processes from start to finish. Through our incredible products and services, we create raving fan customers, resulting in company growth that consistently offers new opportunities for our talent to advance their careers. 25% of our global workforce gets promoted or moves into a new role every year, expanding their skills and working with new people. Bullhorn is large enough to provide these exciting opportunities but small enough to maintain the energy of a startup, and we’re consistently ranked as a great place to work for our strong culture and rewarding career opportunities.
Our commitment to our employees: Every Bullhorn employee has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and a clear path to success. Bullhorn offers unlimited planned vacation, great opportunities for career development, quarterly paid volunteer days through its philanthropic group Bullhorn Cares, and an open invitation to Bullhorn Allies groups, which celebrate and cultivate diversity and inclusion for all employees.
Our in-office employees enjoy a casual, collaborative environment with weekly catered-in lunch and breakfast, and quarterly social events. While working from the comfort of their own homes, our remote employees are provided a full equipment package with all the tools they need to perform their role. We use Zoom, Slack, and other tools to stay connected while we are remote.
Why this job is important:
In this role, you will be responsible for building, implementing, and managing products and solutions for Bullhorn’s production environment while ensuring 24/7 availability and high performance. The ideal candidate will have proven technical experience with an excellent foundation in operating systems and networking skills.
A typical day might include:
- Design, build, implement, manage and automate products and solutions for Bullhorn’s production environments.
- Develop and maintain system analysis and reporting tools and tools for task automation.
- Discover and drive continual improvement efforts for operational efficiency gains.
- Maintain network and systems configurations for national and international data centers.
- Monitor and maintain all production system equipment and services.
- Participate in the planning and coordination of new product deployment and enhancement projects, ensuring preparedness in servicing the product.
- Mentor, train, and provide leadership to junior team members.
- Ensure 24/7 availability of the production application environment. This will include 24/7 on-call responsibilities on a rotating basis.
- Document technical environments, processes and procedures, testing plans, project plans.
- Provide direct support to Software Development, Quality Engineering, Customer Support, Professional Services and third party vendors as needed to implement new
This role may be a fit for you if:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years total systems engineering experience.
- Experience in automation and managing large server environments using Puppet or other comparable tooling.
- Proficiency managing public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Proficiency managing private cloud infrastructure (self-hosted data centers).
- Mastery of administering Redhat/CentOS Linux and Windows Server.
- Experience working with containerized and virtualized environments.
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP, network devices such as switches, routers, firewalls.
- Experience administering Java-based applications running on Tomcat or JBoss application servers.
- Ability to script in Shell, Python or Perl.
- Previous experience in a SaaS and/or high volume website environment highly preferred.
- Knowledge of LDAP/Kerberos authentication with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience with SAN and NAS technologies (iSCSI, FCP, CIFS, NFS, etc).
- Previous on call experience.
Bullhorn is committed to our core values and we are looking for people who exhibit these traits:
- Service - You go beneath the surface to solve problems.
- Energy - You build up your teammates and leave people positively charged.
- Ownership - You take action and own up to your mistakes.
- Speed & Agility - You go around obstacles and demonstrate urgency.
- Being Human - You consider other people's perspectives, laugh, and have fun.