Who we are
Wayfair is moving the world so that anyone can live in a home they love a journey enabled by more than 3,000 Wayfair engineers and a data-centric culture. Wayfairs Data Science team builds the algorithmic systems that drive our business, enhance customer experience, & improve customer loyalty. The Data Science Notifications Marketing team owns the ML modeling and strategy that powers marketing notification (Email, Push) send decisioning, answering questions like: should we send this notification to this customer? How frequently should we be sending notifications? At what time?
You will be part of a strong cross-functional, collaborative team of Data Scientists, MLEs, engineers, product managers and marketing analysts to build a scalable, ML-powered decision engine to continually optimize Wayfairs dynamic marketing decisions for notifications, with the potential to unlock millions of dollars in revenue for the business.
We are looking for a technical lead to join Wayfairs Data Science Marketing team, with an emphasis on solving ambiguous machine learning problems and building scalable, model-driven solutions to drive notification marketing decisions.
What you will do:
- Own the development and expansion of multiple models, leveraging machine learning
- Identify new opportunities and insights from the data (where can the models be improved? what is the projected ROI of a proposed modification?); continue to evolve models
- Architect and build technical platforms for our algorithmic engines to run at scale
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing and Engineering to align on roadmaps
- Leverage the knowledge of state-of-the-art methodology and industry best practices to raise the technical standard of the team and Wayfair Data Science community
What you will need:
- Minimum 4 years of industry experience in a data science or ML Engineering role or 3 years of industry experience with Ph.D. in a quantitative field (e.g., economics, physics, neuroscience)
- Proficiency in Python
- Solid experience building Machine Learning (ML) models, preferably also productionalizing models (e.g., Airflow)
- Experience working with big data tools such as Hadoop, Hive, SQL, Spark, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts and desire to influence business decisions
- A bias towards critical thinking, creatively solving problems from a customer-centric lens, and an intuitive sense for how the work aligns closely with business objectives
- Intellectual Curiosity and strong desire for continuous learning
- Looking to make a big impact in a growing organization
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.