Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
Amwell is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Technical Account Specialist (TAS) to join the Customer Support team at Amwell. The Technical Account Specialist functions as a true partner to our internal and external stakeholders, listening to and executing the needs of our clients. The TAS is viewed as the point of contact for all technical activities after a customer has launched a new service or solution. This role requires a working understanding of key business initiatives, project planning skills, technical curiosity, and experience executing and coordinating system and configuration updates. Working closely with the Project Management Office (PMO), Professional Services, and Account Management teams, the TAS functions as a true partner to our customers by developing a working knowledge of client account activities specific to ongoing maintenance and support.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support for live client systems and applications to promote a stable telehealth service.
- Analyze customer configurations and effectively use internal resources such as Confluence knowledge base and user/admin manuals, to troubleshoot the problem.
- Establish sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders by having a deep understanding of key business initiatives and delivering results.
- Prioritize and execute responsibilities across assigned client portfolio, ensure tasks and initiatives are being worked efficiently, and escalate internally when necessary to ensure timelines and expectations are consistently met.
- Review technical support activities and work with operations and support managers to ensure goals are met with quality.
- Continuously work to improve tools and processes that enable the team to deliver quality results at scale.
- Track and communicate status reports to manager and account teams, specifics include who, what, where, when, why, how.
- Shadow internal teams to gain working knowledge of client system and application configurations and program objectives.
- Assist team with escalations, collaborate cross-functionally to bring commitments to completion while managing lines of open communication.
- Add a personal touch to the support engagement making the customer feel known and understood by reviewing work history to assure familiarity with the system environment.
- Work with the TAM and PMO to assist in the effort to promote a shared understanding of the Technical Account Specialist role and responsibilities; identify opportunities to displace areas of confusion.
- BA or BS Degree preferred, or equivalent of 2 or more years of Customer Support, Project Management, Consulting experience in a client-facing capacity.
- Accountable, critical thinker that is both detail and action oriented, nimble learner.
- Ability to manage time, meet aggressive deadlines, utilize sound project management methodologies (processes, best practices, tools, and templates).
- Capable of managing and executing on multiple initiatives simultaneously and achieve goals with evolving scope.
- Effective communicator with the ability to assess risks and blockers early, as well as the comfort level to raise with leadership to minimize inefficiencies and provide a delightful client experience.
- Working experience with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Atlassian products (e.g., Confluence, JIRA), and Salesforce products. Smartsheets a plus
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. To make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce, and our community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration, and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources, and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans