This Technical Customer Support Engineer - Night Shift position is based within the Service Delivery team here at Mimecast. We're looking for an exceptional person with a solid technical background and sharp troubleshooting skills to provide support for the Mimecast Platform to IT Administrators.
- Able to work 3:00pm - 12:00am daily?
- Looking to help solve problems, in a fast-paced, cutting edge technology environment?
- Someone that wants to work with customers?
- Always thriving to improve everything you do?
- Someone who takes pride in scaling things up?
- Excited by the idea of making Mimecast even faster, more reliable, and more available?
If this sounds like you, then please read on...
The ideal candidate must be a self-motivated, strong team player with a proven track record of success in technical support. A good understanding of the corporate technology stack including e-mail and networking, as well as cloud computing, will be beneficial. A strong work ethic is vital in this competitive market place.
As a Technical Customer Support Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting customers - specifically, the IT Administrators and key business contacts who implement and use Mimecast in their day-to-day roles. You should be comfortable with Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, other e-mail related systems, as well as networking fundamentals.
- Work with the entire US Service Delivery team to provide support to our US and worldwide customer base
- Assist administrators with using the Mimecast service and ensure best practice configuration via both phone and e-mail
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues and make recommendations to improve system performance
- Maintain detailed case history and escalate issues appropriately
- Provide training as needed to ensure customers understand product functionality
- Work with and provide exceptional support to Mimecast partners and resellers
- Cover evening / night hours
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Google Workspaces, or other mail systems
- Experience with administration and support of Active Directory, Azure, Google Directory, and other related technologies
- Experience with email related technology such as SMTP, TLS, SSL, and Firewalls
- Understanding of internet fundamentals, network routing, and e-mail delivery
- Experience with email gateway solutions such as McAfee, MessageLabs\Symantec. Cloud, Proofpoint etc. a plus
- Experience providing technical support to IT Administrators
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that can be used to explain complex technical topics in a clear and straight forward manner
- Detail oriented individual that enjoys the challenge of technical troubleshooting
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity. Are you ready to jump onboard with us?