The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Directly manage the RDBA relationship for assigned customers
- Daily engagement with customers to help direct team efforts on explicit issues
- Weekly communications regarding existing cases and efforts on active solution plans or changes
- Monthly roll-ups of the weekly engagements
- Quarterly presentations of the RDBA relationship that should consist of:
- Overall service health
- Event summaries
- Status on proactive recommendations (capacity analysis, performance analysis, etc)
- Status on how current activities serve customer's operational and business targets
- Aligned approach for future needs between the RemoteDBA team, Professional Services and Sales
- Regular Service review with the customer management
- Manage Database Health Scan execution for customers
- Communicate with Professional Services for active engagements or opportunities that are not covered by RemoteDBA (such as flex needs, expansions, etc)
- May require occasional short-term on-site limited and delivered as exceptions
Voice of the Customer & Service
- Ensuring a consistent narrative and motivating presence which can understand the perspective and desires of the Customer, and then respond with proper internal context where it may pertain to process, product or other needs. Examples include:
- Feature requests: Engagement with Development and Senior Support to identify and approach new product needs.
- Offering customization: Working with the RemoteDBA team and Support Leadership to help augment or create offerings which may be needed by the customer.
- Experience improvement: Working with Support Leadership to continually find opportunities to improve the direct service experience as well as other broader company opportunities identified within a customer.
- 5+ years of experience in PostgreSQL, database solutions architecture, management and administration, including query design, optimization and database troubleshooting
- Previous experience in a customer facing profile.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or applicable disciplines, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to travel 15-20%, as needed once it's safe
- Advanced experience in one or more of the following areas: Software Engineering, Solutions Design, Cloud Services Design, Operations Management, Database Architecture, Managed Services
- Significant fluency in two or more of the following: Java, Python, shell scripting, solutions performance optimization
- Advanced experience in EnterpriseDBs product suite (EDB Postgres, Postgres Enterprise Manager, Replication Tools, Backup Tools)
- Experience in any of the Cloud Providers ( AWS, Azure, Google) is desirable.
- Exposure in Kubernetes and Microservices will be a strong plus
- Enterprise customer-facing experience as a technical lead or strategic technical representative
- Experience in a 24x7 services and/or support environment
- Strong project management capability or experience
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.