We are looking for a passionate technology enthusiast to join our upskilling team as a Technical Learning Program Manager. In this role, youd drive the strategy and execution of skill development across our Technology teams. If you are energized about curating education content at a high-growth company with rapidly evolving technology platforms, then come talk to us!
This role sits on our Tech Talent Development team, a group dedicated to meaningfully improving the skill sets, engagement, and employee experiences of Wayfairs global Technology organization. The mission of TTD is to be the glue within global Technology, powering scaled upskilling to accelerate the effectiveness of an empowered and high-performing 3,000+ person global technology organization in support of the evolution of our technology stack and people.
What Youll Do
- Develop a comprehensive technical upskilling strategy, inclusive of training, development experiences, peer-to-peer coaching, expert advisory cohorts and other learning methodologies
- Engage with leaders across our Software Engineering and Product Management teams to identify opportunities to create a world-class learning experience along with continuously driving engagement of learning programs
- Deliver skill development solutions at both enterprise and individual levels and function as a change management steward for organizational transformation and technology modernization
- Own and manage Wayfair Technologys tool kit of technical learning resources -- external resources, homegrown content, and everything in between -- monitoring for quality, accuracy, and industry developments.
- Regularly evaluate strengths and gaps of Wayfairs technical employee base and leverage that information to make recommendations on focus areas and development opportunities for the global team.
Who You Are
- You are technically conversant across many disciplines, you can jump from Agile to Microservices to UX with relative ease.
- You have a good understanding of the education space for engineers, including learning styles and approaches.
- You have a solid understanding of the software development process and mechanics of software engineering.
- You are well-versed in balancing multiple projects at various stages of their lifecycle (planning, in flights, review.)
- You leverage data to decide when to start, stop, or hold on programs or projects and are comfortable delivering real time feedback to participants and interested stakeholders.
- You have no problem communicating with stakeholders at all levels, including individual contributors and senior leadership. You build a strong feedback loop, expertly balancing the what, when, and who of information sharing.
- You are a change agent with the ability to lead others in implementing change.
- You adapt quickly, love rolling up your sleeves and are an independent self-starter.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.