Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about creating a world class candidate experience and matching the business needs with the skills and expertise of talented professionals.
We are looking for a creative Technical Sourcer who has experience with and enjoys identifying diverse technical talent within hyper-scaling, fast growing tech environments. You will be responsible for utilizing different channels to search for potential candidates and build talent communities for current and future employment technical needs.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with recruiters, hiring managers and determine position requirements.
- Source candidates and build talent pools with highly technical and specialized skills for future and current hiring needs
- Recognize qualified applicant profiles utilizing a variety of sourcing procedures.
- Measure conversion rates which includes the number of passive candidates who convert from applicants, invited to interviews, get offers and are hired.
- Promote our employer brand on online and offline platforms.
- Maintain applicant databases through our Applicant Tracking System; tag/track talent for future opportunities and maintain relationships with past strong talent
- Interacting with potential candidates on professional networks and social media.
- Contacting industry partners for candidate referrals.
What Well Expect From You:
- Expert in networking and building relationships within the tech industry.
- Proficient at providing metrics to demonstrate success in sourcing.
- Ability to conduct online and offline interviews.
- Source potential candidates via social media and professional networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Slack and Github), as well as old school sourcing methods.
- Ability to craft targeted emails, successful subject lines and additional forms of outreach that produce a high response rate.
- Strong sourcing research ability for unique skill sets.
- Strong sense of company values, business savvy, tech stacks and ability to dig/partner with recruiters and hiring managers on roles sourcing for.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- BA/BS in Human Resources Management or relevant field.
- Proven 3+ year work experience as a Talent Sourcer in a high volume technology environment
- Familiar with diverse HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Candidate Management Systems (CMS), GSuite and other relevant systems such as, Greenhouse, SmartRecruiters, LinkedIn Recruiter, Github, Slack.
- Excellent communication and sales skills.
- Outstanding time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate or work independently in a remote environment.
- Quick decision making abilities.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Pervasive knowledge of the market and sourcing techniques.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our People team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!