Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
Are you a technical writer with a natural curiosity for how things work? Do you enjoy making software and processes easy to understand? Can you create new content from scratch and improve existing documentation while maintaining consistent style and tone?
Veeva is looking for a Technical Writer with exceptional writing ability and solid technical competence to provide an engaging help experience. You enjoy understanding complex systems and simplifying them for a wider audience. You can learn independently and are willing to ask questions.
What You'll Do
- Research and create high-quality help content and video tutorials
- Review REST API documentation for a developer audience
- Become a product expert and keep up with new features
- Be alert for opportunities to improve the existing documentation
- Ensure that new documentation maintains a consistent style, tone, and approach
- Work closely with software engineers and product development teams
- 3+ years of technical writing experience, preferably for a developer audience
- Bachelors degree in technical communication or computer science, or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and research skills
- Experience defining and adhering to editorial standards such as a style guide
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with little direct supervision
- Basic working knowledge of Git, Markdown, HTML and CSS
- Comfortable working in the terminal
- Ability to manage your time effectively when faced with competing priorities
- Qualified candidate must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Veeva does not provide sponsorship of employment visa for this position.
Nice to Have
- Experience using or documenting REST APIs and a query language (such as SQL)
- Basic working knowledge of at least one object-oriented programming language, preferably Java
- Experience using JIRA, Jekyll, and Confluence
- Ability to read sample code and where to incorporate it into documentation
- Working knowledge of the software development process and cloud software
- Experience in an agile software development environment
- Experience in writing for regulated industries
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.