WHO WE ARE
We’re passionate about helping hard-working entrepreneurs grow their property management businesses. We’re a collective of uniquely talented individuals who are at the top of our game and are determined to get better at what we do every day. Our determination to make our customers’ lives better and break records is contagious—you find yourself becoming intensely passionate about the work that we do, even if the property management industry was never on your radar before you got here.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Buildium is an innovative property management software company. We’re an all-in-one, cloud-based solution that brings clarity and simplicity to our customers’ busy lives. Financials, communication, leasing—we handle it all.
Our Design and Experience team is passionate about creating beautiful, meaningful, and valuable experiences that make our user’s lives easier.
Our team of designers, copywriters, and researchers are all committed to fostering each other's growth, partnering with the R&D organization to deliver top-notch experiences, and taking part in Buildium's great culture. We celebrate honesty, creativity, initiative, and collaboration.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We’re looking for a UX Designer to lead mobile design efforts for our mobile suite of applications.
You will lead design for your scrum teams and contribute to ongoing UX Team initiatives. Applicants should have a demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and advocate for consumer-grade user experiences.
- Deliver high-quality experiences that are beautiful, effective, modular, and embody our brand.
- Contribute to team's mobile design vision and partner with other team members to grow their mobile design skillls
- Champion design-thinking on your scrum teams and in cross-department interactions.
- Communicate conceptual ideas by producing design deliverables such as sketches, scenarios, wireframes, customer personas, prototypes, mockups, storyboards, customer journey maps, and user stories as part of the software development lifecycle.
- Lead collaborative design sessions with Product Management and Engineering to reach a shared understanding of deliverables.
- Engage in usability testing and incorporate user preferences and research findings into designs.
- Make understanding end-user requirements a constant priority.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to contribute to our design system.
- Develop and utilize a deep understanding of customer needs by reviewing and participating in user research.
- Guide the strategic direction and ongoing refinement of Buildium’s product aesthetic; contribute to the team’s vision.
- UX design and/or product design experience.
- Experience with iOS/mobile design.
- Fluent in commonly-used design tools, e.g. Sketch and InVision.
- Fluent in user-centered design principles and testing methodologies.
- Can clearly and effectively present and communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and customers.
- Familiar with Agile Scrum methodology; ability to plan and manage design work for 2-3 projects at a time.
- Experience in the SMB market and/or B2C products.
- Experience creating or working extensively with Design Systems as a producer and/or consumer.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Casual and collaborative work environment
- Flexible time off
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Parental leave
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Commuter benefits
- Free lunch Thursdays
- Ping Pong, Foosball, etc
- Free snacks
At Buildium we’re always looking for smart, driven, enthusiastic professionals who want to join our team. Our vision is to create a 100-year company with a mission of helping small businesses succeed — all while setting the highest standard for the way business should be done. Those aren’t just words on our wall — they are words we live by. We love what we do. We love what we’re building. And we love our customers. If that sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you.
Buildium, a RealPage company, is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging while bringing their authentic self to the table and being valued for it.