Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Its not hard to see the problem: we bet you or those close to you have your own stories about struggling with medical bills, fighting with health insurance, or trying to find quality care at a reasonable cost. Millions of hours, and billions of dollars are wasted each year. At Cedar, our technology empowers healthcare providers and insurance companies to work together to offer patients an exceptional and affordable financial experience.
We are seeking a User Research Platform Lead to be a part of our newly formed User Research team! This is a strategic role in which you will play a key part in evangelizing the value of user research within the organization as well as to our clients. You will amplify the impact of User Research at Cedar by optimizing processes and using cutting edge tools. This will be a ground-up opportunity for a driven, creative, and detail-oriented professional to craft the way a customer-first organization acquires critical information about our users, thus ensuring that our development teams are building the most intuitive, easy to use, and delightful products possible.
- Partner with the Director of User Research to evangelize user research processes and methods. Along with UR team leadership, partner with design, product, engineering, and data leadership to promote best practices of research and data-driven decision making
- Build solutions that increase research velocity, impact, and scale; continually identify challenges in running UR and design solutions to eliminate those challenges
- Identify themes across product squads user research plans and ensure parties collaborate to make the most of each research initiative (as well as past work)
- Recruit and lead panels of participants (across B2B and B2C customers) to use for research initiatives. Design processes to ensure participants stay engaged and yet are not overrepresented in research studies
- Discover, evaluate, and employ outstanding research tools to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Stand up a user research repository to ensure findings are easily accessible to the organization
- Mentor individuals across the organization around which user research and design thinking tools are available at Cedar; onboard new Cedarians, so they understand the User Research program and tools at their disposal
- At times assist with recruiting needs for the highest priority and most strategic research studies
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively across different audiences at varying levels in the organization
- Ability to anticipate needs and design processes and tools to answer those needs
- Interest and/or experience in user research and product development
- Drive toward continually improving systems and processes
- Outstanding organizational skills and detail-oriented nature
- You have a growth mentality you're someone who invests in their own knowledge and seeks ways to improve and increase your impact
- Tech savviness and be able to quickly learn new tools and systems
- Flexibility when priorities shift and pivots are needed
- Experience in a customer-facing role a plus
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021!
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Remote work flexibility
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Product Designer who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.