Cedar is changing the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
We are seeking a User Researcher to be a part of our newly formed User Research team! You will be responsible for delivering insights to product teams across the product life cycle, from discovery through validation and launch. The candidate will be charged with designing and conducting customer research, identifying the problem from the users point of view, developing insights and opportunity areas, leading ideation, and testing. Additionally, you will contribute to Cedars future growth by using strategic research techniques to identify new areas of opportunity for the company.
You are the ultimate source for understanding users and their needs, motivations, and behaviors. You will work with Product Managers, Product Designers, and our engineers to help build and optimize innovative, usable, and useful products that people want to use.
- Advocate passionately for the customer, ensuring that the product experience is aligned to user needs and expectations
- Own end-to-end research within the existing product life cycle and lead team members and partners to explore new research approaches that will provide efficient feedback
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to discover and prioritize opportunities with new and existing products
- Identify the most powerful, exciting, and relevant questions to ask research participants, and build new tools and methods to help answer them
- Analyze and communicate insights across multiple teams. Serve as point of contact for key decision-makers
- Partner with leadership to advise product strategy and tie business outcomes to reliable insights
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of user research experience
- Deep knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Strong analytical ability
- Proven track record turning research insights into meaningful user-centered design and product goals
- Curious, creative, and pragmatic approach to solving problems
- Strong consensus building, persuasion, and presentation skills
- Positive demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- Thrives in ambiguity and fast-paced environments
- Experience working in a Lean UX / Agile environment is a plus, but not necessary
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year, and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021!
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Remote work flexibility
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Product Designer who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.