The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
As a Senior UX Designer at EDB, you will be part of a small, distributed team of UX pros on a mission to make working with Postgres easier for developers, data scientists, data wranglers, operators, and the ever-expanding ecosystem of technologists who rely on Postgres to innovate at speed.
In this role, youll be designing new enterprise products and redesigning existing ones with a sharp focus on the highest UX standards. This role involves working collaboratively with a wide range of EDB teams to maximize their business value through solid UX.
Note: This job requires that you play the theremin as part of our virtual team band known as nncssr mlts.
Stuff you gotta have:
- Portfolio/resume website that showcases both your work and your approach
- A relentlessly user-centered design perspective
- Fluent English communication skills
- Experience with:
- a variety of user research methodologies
- creating design prototypes of all levels of fidelity
- modern design tools like Sketch, Figma, or XD
- HTML/CSS/JS and a technical mindset
- working with remote teams
- building and maintaining design systems
Stuff that would be great to have:
- Experience with:
- database technologies, especially Postgres
- designing products for developers
- designing for enterprise customers
Stuff you don't really need (but would be cool):
- Operate a 10" Chromium-plated deli meat and cheese food slicer
- Touch your elbow with your tongue
- Skip a stone more than 10 times
- Humble and open minded
- Transparent and honest
- Self directed and dependable
- Positive and friendly
- Sense of humor
- No ego, no drama
Working With Us:
- We have an office in Bedford, MA but are open to this being a remote role for the right person. Our working hours are in the Eastern Time Zone.
- The work is challenging, with very compelling problems that touch on complex enterprise product and scalability issues.
- The work matters, and can have a huge impact on the tech world.
- You'll have the autonomy to direct your own work without being micromanaged.
How to apply:
If this sounds interesting, please apply and tell us why Van Halen's standard performance contract contained a provision calling for them to be provided backstage with a bowl of M&Ms from which all the brown candies have been removed. Also, take a guess at why we are asking that.
The position will report to the Director of UX, in the CXO organization.
Principals only, please, no recruiters.
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.