Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
PathAI is seeking a Vice President and Head of Translational Pathology with strong general surgical pathology skills and leadership experience to lead a team of pathologists who are dedicated to supporting the process of machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms development and deployment.
US board certification in anatomic pathology is required. Expertise and experience in immunohistochemistry, digital pathology and translational research is required. A background in immuno-oncology, and biomarker development is highly desired. The right candidate is structured and disciplined, has a natural curiosity about the details of the machine learning field, and an ability to communicate effectively. The candidate must be an experienced organizational and strategic leader, an excellent cross functional collaborator and team player and have a strong academic or industry track record. Must be hands-on and willing to contribute individually as well as through others.
What Youll Do
- Contribute patho-biology expertise, individually and by leading a team of talented internal R&D pathologists, into the strategy and execution of algorithm product and custom development programs.
- Be an influential thought partner to advise and influence biomarker and precision medicine strategies of our biopharm and diagnostic partners through direct partnership interactions
- Be a thought leader for key company strategic initiatives including AIsight software platforms, clinical development services and translational research services
- Influence the digital pathology industry through publications and national/international conference presentations and advisory engagements/committee membership.
- As a member of the PathAI leadership team, communicate directly with senior company leadership, project managers and machine learning scientists to ensure the highest quality of automated pathology interpretation.
- Directly responsible to ensure the highest quality of pathology services from the PathAI consulting pathology network.
- Ensure proper resource allocation and prioritization of the pathology annotation network such that all PathAI projects (ML model development, manual reviews for clinical trials, third party access, etc) are adequately resourced on time and budget.
- Review the outputs and statistics from the PathAI machine learning algorithms. Provide input on the overall improvement of the output.
- Communicate internally and with our pharma partners in all aspects of project development from conception to final analysis.
- Communicate and influence senior leadership in identifying new areas of translational and applied research in the field of AI in pathology that will have growth implications on the various business units.
- Hire, mentor and retain the very best translational pathologists to support business activities.
- Support commercial and business development through strong cooperation and collaboration
What You Bring
- 20+ years post medical education/training experience in surgical pathology
- MD and US Board Certification in Surgical Pathology
- Demonstrated track record of high impact research (ie, publications in top/medium tier journals) in translational pathology
- 5+ years in industry setting
- 10+ years leading teams of pathologists
- MD+PhD preferred,
- MBA or equivalent formal education in health-related management/administration a plus.
- Expertise and experience in immunohistochemistry, digital pathology and translational research.
- A background in immuno-oncology, and biomarker development is a plus
- Executive leadership training a plus
- Direct experience in pharmaceutical setting a plus
- Direct experience in developing and applying machine learning methods in translational pathology a plus
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
#LI-Onsite, #LI-Hybrid, #LI-Remote, #LI-MP1