Hi, we’re Mimecast. Each day we take on cyber disruption for our nearly 40,000 customers around the globe. With 1,800 employees in 12 offices, we are the company that builds solutions that solve the number one cyberattack vector – email. We’ve been listed on NASDAQ (MIME) since 2015. We believe that Mimecasters are the most important part about the company. “Invest In One Another” is one of our five core values, and it shows in how we treat one another. Mimecast is growing stronger each day because of our diversity.
What you’ll be responsible for
Reporting directly to the CMO and a key member of the marketing leadership team, you will lead an incredible, global corporate marketing team and external agencies and have direct responsibility for building, communicating and stewarding a positive and strategic perception of Mimecast in the marketplace. You will oversee awareness, branding, creative services, corporate messaging, AR, PR, internally and externally properties and social media. You will work with other marketing leaders to influence and implement the Mimecast marketing and brand strategy, as well as with stakeholders across the organization that rely on corporate marketing services and expertise. You will define, implement and measure strategic, global marketing corporate marketing initiatives that build awareness and consideration for the brand, and provide aircover for ongoing marketing, sales and channel efforts.
What you’ll work on
- Define and execute the corporate marketing and brand strategy resulting in consistent branding, messaging and positioning.
- Build, develop and retain a high-impact, results-oriented global team – direct and matrix – which will steward and manage the brand globally and cross-functionally.
- Present a relevant and differentiated global brand and ensure consistent stewardship as appropriate in areas of direct and indirect ownership including but not limited to, web properties, media and analyst relations, executive speaking opportunities, thought leadership, as well as employee- and community-relations.
- Oversee the development, implementation and cross-functional utilization of a corporate messaging platform that builds upon and maintains the strategic and favorable image of the company
- Define and execute programs to engage with influencers such as media, analysts and industry thought leaders, to ensure they have a positive and current view of Mimecast.
- Manage AR and PR relationships globally (including US, UK, Australia, Nordics, DACH, South Africa, etc.) and guide relevant topical press coverage for the company and external thought leadership placements for key executives.
- Partner with global marketing functions, sales, finance, investor relations, and human resources in order to project consistent corporate messages internally and externally.
- Leverage the flexibility and reach of the web to support the Mimecast brand and marketing 2.0 approaches. Manage owned, earned and paid outlets including Mimecast.com on a day-to-day basis ensuring it becomes best-in-class among peer group enterprise companies.
- Manage the interface with external agencies including but not limited to PR, advertising, branding, creative services and web.
- Develop and manage the company’s corporate marketing budget
- Innovate, manage and track hierarchical system of strategic, operational and tactical metrics for function using data to manage resource allocation, outcomes and success.
What you’ll bring to Mimecast
- Relevant experience in a growth enterprise technology company with direct responsibility for corporate marketing strategy and execution
- Track record of success in a global corporate marketing function managing distributed teams at a growth (preferably publicly traded) technology company with multiple product lines, regions and distribution channels.
- Experience leading the development of exciting and effective awareness and brand marketing campaigns that influence executive security buyers in particular, utilizing the talents of a cross-functional group of directly-managed and influenced resources to achieve success and market impact.
- Track record of evolving a brand’s position to a new market category that aligns it with current market and customer priorities
- Ability to determine, implement and adjust the mix between internal- and vendor-resources particularly in the areas of advertising and creative services to drive optimal outcomes. Build and manage relationships with chosen vendors.
- Ability to manage and plan at both the strategic and operational levels and to successfully leverage owned, earned and paid activities that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives
- Critical thinking, strategic acumen and market insight: The skill to synthesize competitive trends, market data and customer /consumer insights into a plan of action. Comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Ability to leverage external network of benchmark and mentor companies and individuals to supplement personal knowledge to accelerate work in areas outside of direct competencies.
- Hands-on, action-oriented leader with a positive “can do” attitude who can command the respect of his/her superiors, peers and team. Ability to influence team to buy-in fully to the approach and execute goals and objectives with enthusiasm.
- A proven track record identifying, recruiting and developing talent, ability to lead in a growing business.
- Must be an effective written and oral communicator with all stakeholders.
- Leadership by example and motivation through creating common vision and commitment to desired outcomes
- Passion for results and performance oriented: The ability to find creative solutions and generate results in a dynamic, high growth environment. Will have a strong sense of urgency and the ability to infuse that in others.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Mimecast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Mimecast is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, and to use our online system to apply for a position. Call us at (617) 393-7000or send an email to [email protected] to request reasonable accommodations.
Mimecast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed theirown pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants toindividuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conductedby the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.