Aura helps customers monitor, manage, and protect against the risks associated with their identities and personal information in a digital world. With adaptive technology, a seasoned team, and a first-of-its-kind product suite, Aura enables customers to manage disparate cybersecurity needs with ease. Backed by premier investors, WndrCo and General Catalyst, Aura's category-defining business is a holistic personal digital security platform that unites best-in-class privacy, identity, and security products.
Trusted by more than 2 million customers, Aura has a team of more than 450 people worldwide and revenues over $200 million. Most importantly, this trajectory continues to show momentum and is supported by strong organic growth in addition to strategic customer acquisition. Aura’s leadership team has seen similar success before, having grown a start-up to a valuation of over $3 billion prior to exit. With a clear vision, strong alignment, and strategic M&A execution, Aura has assembled a stellar team and built a unique culture with incredible employees. Join us for the ride!
As a VP, Sales (Telco/ISP/Carriers), you will be responsible for leading a team that builds and manages a portfolio of Telco/ISP/Carrier partners to expand upon our fast-growing business in the B2B2C security space, selling Consumer value added services to our partners and/or prospects to provide to their Consumer end-users. We expect you to have in-depth knowledge of and past experience and relationships in the Telco/ISP/Carrier vertical, as well as a credible network to support initial sales meetings and the build-up of your team’s pipeline. As this is a relationship-focused position in a high-touch, high-impact world. The role requires extensive travel and networking to engage potential clients once safe to do so.
You will oversee the strategic sales activities for your team’s portfolio, targeting senior executives and key decision-makers at brand-name Telco/ISP companies across the U.S., while driving the execution of business development initiatives. With an eye on balancing short-term revenue generation efforts with long-term sustainable growth, you will work with our team to develop effective sales tactics to strategically grow our business.
To be successful in the role, you will be a superb people leader, an involved relationship manager, a compelling thought leader, and a proud team player.
- A proven track record of selling Consumer products through Telco/ISP’s as part of their value added services business. Must have a thorough understanding of crafting a joint value proposition with a Telco/ISP to drive maximum customer adoption and life time value
- Demonstrated familiarity with all major functions of the Telco/ISP organizational value chain, including strong insight into the organizational value chain and their financial structures(P&L and balance sheets)
- Respected thought leader for concepts, trends, and emerging technologies in the consumer software space, ideally in security
- Experience selling and negotiating complex Enterprise deals, and thorough understanding of “sell to” and “sell through” - selling to the key enterprise stakeholders and decision makers and selling through to Consumer end users
- Exceptional social skills and leadership abilities, able to collaborate with diverse groups, and persuade, influence, and encourage their peers
- A keen understanding of businesses from end to end, and the ability to match value propositions to specific Telco/ISP client needs
- The ability to enable prospects and drive understanding through a combination of hard analytical skills and interpersonal excellence
- Commercial creativity and the entrepreneurial spirit to close sales prospects effectively while preserving profitability
- Familiarity with CRM applications, and proficiency with presentation tools
- We are seeking ambitious and driven sales leaders who thrive in a high-energy environment, and who are excited by the opportunity to stake their claim in a fast-growing sector and business
- You are a business leader with sales urgency and not just a sales leader
- You are a self-starter and never wait for direction – you own the process and outcome and willing to roll your sleeves up when needed
- You drive relationships and opportunities forward
- You thrive in ambiguity and fast-paced environments
- You mentor and coach your team members and colleagues to achieve higher levels of performance
- Must have solid experience in selling Consumer subscription based value-added services through name-brand North American Telco’s/ISP’s (Comcast, Verizon, AT&T, Rogers, etc.). A background in Consumer security is helpful, but not essential. Experience in selling only internal Enterprise solutions is not sufficient.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA desired
- 15+ years of proven experience in driving highly scalable partnerships
- History of quota over-achievement
- Must have a proven track record in developing businesses with 3rd party organizations and building comprehensive GTM sales plans
- Must have an entrepreneurial mindset towards building a strategic set of partners
- This role can be located anywhere in North America. However, you must have legal residency and authorization to work in the US or Canada. Relocation and visa sponsorship are not provided.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination or harassment based on “protected categories,” Aura is committed to being an inclusive community where all feel welcome. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Aura.