Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test the highest-rated, most accurate on the market enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, Embark is the only canine genetics company using research-grade technology, which allows us to make new scientific discoveries.
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the worlds only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder The New York Times recently called Embarks Breed and Health Kit the best dog DNA test available!
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
About the Role
As the VP of Brand Strategy & Insights you will work closely with the CMO and cross-functionally to build a world-class brand that breeders, owners, and vets love. Youre a storyteller at heart and know how to build a strategic plan that will amplify our message and increase demand for new and existing products. Youll leverage primary and secondary research to understand our customers and their needs, the market dynamics, and the cultural zeitgeist. This is a dynamic role that will have a direct impact on driving growth.
What Youll Do:
- Develop a comprehensive strategic plan and growth strategy, collaborating with the CMO & senior leadership
- Translate our business strategy into actionable brand campaigns, content, and experiences to hit our strategic and financial objectives in the short and long term
- Drive primary and secondary research to understand customer pain points, sentiments, & behaviors. Translate those insights into marketing and product strategies
- Develop and test key value propositions, tactics, and campaigns to accelerate growth and brand preference across the entire customer journey
- Monitor and analyze the competitive landscape, market share, product performance, and customer perceptions to inform opportunities for growth, innovation, and positioning
- Design and manage a brand scorecard to track brand equity that will help quantify the overall impact and brand investment
- Own brand strategy across the company working closely with Growth Marketing, Creative, Product, Science, and Content to bring the brand to life in the everyday work; ensuring a strong and consistent brand identity is holistically communicated throughout the experience
- Work with the CMO and senior leadership to redefine the brand architecture and set the foundation for future growth
What experience and skills were looking for
- 10-15 years of experience in brand strategy/management, consumer research, or consulting with a DTC eCommerce or CPG brand
- Adept at moving between strategy and execution to develop implementation plans that ensure high-quality execution without a pre-existing playbook
- Strong marketing & strategy fundamentals including analytics, GTM strategy, product positioning, quant + qual research, PR, storytelling, and media planning
- Demonstrated experience designing and executing strategic brand campaigns that made an impact on business results
- Experience building a category-leading brand
- Excellent written, oral, presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit, high level of curiosity, and investigative mindset
- Strong leadership skills that allow ideas and innovation to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills and eye for detail with the ability to deliver on time and on plan
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Passion for collaboration and ability to align multiple stakeholders to drive outcomes without direct authority
- MBA preferred
What we offer
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but were passionate about people too. Were committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it.
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets).
- Every other Friday off each summer.
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston. Well be working in the office 2 days a week starting April 2022.
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services.
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA).
- Competitive salaries and equity participation every employee gets stock options.
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events.
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux.
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development.
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.