ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING A HYPER-GROWTH LOGISTICS TECH COMPANY?
Do you have experience building and running a Corporate Development function at a growing company?
Do you believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimagining an 800 billion dollar industry?
Are you simultaneously able to be data-driven and analytic while also building relationships with empathy?
We are seeking a VP of Corporate Development to drive and shape our growth strategy by identifying industry trends, maintaining relationships with partners that support our M&A efforts, and sourcing, negotiating and executing and integrating our strategic acquisitions globally. You will collaborate with senior business leaders and play a crucial role in the companys growth by unlocking new acquisitions, partners, and markets, balancing key short- and long-term strategies to grow Loadsmarts ecosystem.
REPORTS TO: Mark Hyot, CFO
LOCATION: Remote (our HQ is Chicago but this role can be based anywhere in US)
- Work closely with executive leadership to establish the Corporate Development function at Loadsmart and manage the end-to-end M&A process
- Drive the M&A pipeline process to accelerate acquisition strategy, including researching potential targets and industry trends using public and private sources of data (annual reports and filings, Internet, Bloomberg, analyst reports, Capital IQ)
- Perform strategic and quantitative analysis, analyze target companies and industries and prepare competitive analysis
- Own complex financial and valuation modeling and analysis (including discounted cash flows, accretion/dilution, investment returns, and sensitivity analysis) for potential M&A transactions, and other strategic initiatives
- Manage transactions from inception through deal structuring, negotiation, diligence, closing, and integration
- Lead and manage due diligence efforts with global deal teams including both internal business segment and corporate functional teams and external advisors (investment banks, law firms, accounting firms) to ensure appropriate review
- Prepare and present consistent and concise presentations for the executive team, Board and other stakeholders; provide analysis and recommendations to assist with strategic decision making
- Oversee operational and financial integration of acquired businesses, including leading cross-departmental teams and measuring ongoing success.
- Progressive experience in relevant roles, potentially a combination of corporate development, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, and corporate strategy, especially within related industries (SaaS, logistics, tech) or other relevant work experience with significant exposure to mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, etc.
- Demonstrated success supporting all aspects of the M&A process, including target identification; strategic analysis; complex modeling and valuation; and deal negotiation
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous high-priority projects (often including project management of cross-functional teams)
- Strong understanding of finance/accounting including experience working with Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements to perform financial analysis as well as building and using financial models;
- Exceptional communications skills with the ability to develop compelling arguments and confidently and concisely present analysis and recommendations to senior leadership
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment is flexible, and has high energy to get things done
- Deeply curious and outside-the-box thinker
WORKING AT LOADSMART
Competitive base salaries - we believe in rewarding top talent
Extremely competitive Equity package
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
10 Paid holidays, plus 15 days of accrued PTO for a total of 25 paid days off per year
Lots of employee engagement activities both offsite and onsite; if youre in Chicago expect to have an amazing time as we reopen our offices
An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 450+ Loadies united by our core value of Teamwork
Regular recognition, feedback, and transparency
Opportunities for you to join our community service initiatives
Are you up to the challenge? Apply today!
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.