Quil, a digital health company, delivers actionable and personalized health itineraries for patients and caregivers, answering the question “What Happens Next?” in their healthcare journeys. They combine the powers of precision data, state-of-the-art technology, and security with unparalleled consumer reach to help individuals navigate today’s chaotic healthcare landscape. Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, Quil serves individuals, healthcare providers, and payors nationally. Quil is a joint venture of Independence Health Group (Independence) and Comcast.
Quil is a high energy start up that fosters an innovative culture with a focus on individual growth and team collaboration. Their vision is to build the solution that helps patients and their caregivers make timely and more informed decisions, guiding them to the healthiest version of themselves.
Reporting to the Chief Engineering Officer, this is an opportunity to own and manage the development of Quil’s second product, Quil Assure. In this position you will build and lead the Assure software development team. You will be the subject matter expert on how this product is architected and responsible for developing implementation strategy in concert with the product team to delvier the best possible outcomes. You are driven, highly experienced, customer facing, and possess excellent leadership skills.
- Build and manage a team of 15+ engineers, with a mix of both on-shore and off-shore teams
- Oversee the day to day progress of the scrum teams
- Nurture pride in craft within the engineering team, setting (and enforcing) standards of excellence in software development
- Demonstrate leadership by working with the Product Managers to prioritize and refine User Stories and negotiate internal resource allocation to formulate a release plan.
- Responsible for effectively initiating, planning, scheduling, estimating, forecasting, coordinating, controlling, managing and delivering all activities for projects and related release initiatives.
- Troubleshoot issues when they arise by actively communicating with groups within the company as well as the client.
- Coordinate inter-project and inter-team dependencies and risks.
- Run post-implementation reviews on all integration projects to identify learnings and implement change process that will improve quality and the overall process.
- Previous experience in a similar leadership position.
- Comfort working in a distributed environment, and experience managing remote engineers
- Deep familiarity with AWS
- Previous experience with IOT solutions a strong plus
- 10+ years’ experience in working with business and technology stakeholders with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving via technology solutions.
- Prior experience developing software with a strong focus on data intensive healthcare related software solutions
- Ability to communicate needs and schedules to business stakeholders and technology teams, as well as ensure plans are in place/standards are adhered to.