We're hiring a VP, product Management team to lead our global eCOA product team! Strategic responsibilities include deciding on the product strategy, developing the roadmap, and managing the stakeholders. This includes delivering measurable business results through product solutions that meet both market needs and company goals. Manage all aspects of the Product Life Cycle for Products (defined as products, devices and services) with significant company impact in eCOA, which represents substantial established revenue, market growth opportunities and contributes significant value to the corporate strategic plan relative to other product lines. Define new Products, and drive internal teams to the successful launch, market adoption, serviceability and profitable market growth of the eCOA product line. The Vice President, Product Management supports the business as the expert for their products.
- Align the organization around the strategy and direction of the product line with a focus on prioritizing for biggest impact.
- Lead and develop a team of Product Managers including: Training, coaching and mentoring the team into a world class product management organization.
- Create and present a clear overall product vision, including product and market strategy.
- Balance corporate and business objectives with long-term market trends and Opportunities
- Build and implement efficient product management processes, policies, and tools as needed.
Business and Market Planning
- Develop and create a market driven strategic plan tied to 3-5 year market trends.
- Analyze existing and potential customers and deep understanding of the competitive landscape through the mining of broad industry data.
- Identify market segments, therapy areas and opportunities for new Products and Solutions tied to unmet customer needs.
- Drive and capture innovative market and product ideas from throughout ERT.
- Evaluate customer needs to determine suitability to ERT product opportunities.
- Initiate and develop business plans in support of new product strategies.
Manage Product Programs
- Develop an intimate knowledge of customer needs and competitive intelligence, identify global market trends and drivers, and formulate and execute strategic product portfolio planning (Build/Buy/Partner strategies).
- Actively look to partner with other ERT businesses as well external organizations to provide a wide array of integrated solutions.
- Obtain customer requirements and specify product and service epics/features including road maps via market research, market analysis, and ongoing communication with marketing, sales, and operations as well as 3rd party sources in order to meet customer needs.
Develop detailed marketing requirements specifications:
- Work with other functional groups (especially Product Development) to capture User Stories and review final product requirements, plan releases, and prioritize new products/significant enhancements to ensure they meet the business/market need. Serve as the customer advocate.
- Work with Operations to capture User Stories and review final requirements for new products/services and drive productivity.
- Work with QA/RA to determine regulatory requirements.
- Validate market requirements to ensure acceptance and prioritize.
Leads development of critical marketing documents to enable successful Product delivery efforts (i.e., Opportunity Overview, Market Requirements Documents, Product Launch Packages).
- Lead cross functional product teams through the strict compliance of all steps of the Product Life Cycle.
- Ensure that critical pricing, cost requirements, and ROI models are central to the Product planning process.
- Partner with marketing to define and develop positioning, pricing, channel and promotional plans for new and existing Products and manage launch plans.
- Lead and drive all Go-to-Market efforts for product launch cross functionally.
Product Life Cycle Management
- Lead internal company communications for all Product-related information.
- Lead internal efforts to move any assigned Products through the Product Life Cycle process.
- Coordinate priorities with the Product Review Board/Change Control Board.
- Is responsible for ensuring the managed product category complies with local and international quality standards as well as internal ERT Quality Management System and Product Lifecycle requirements from product inception to retirement. This includes but is not limited to Product Planning, Development, Testing, Maintenance, Market Positioning, Pricing and End of Life processes.
- Actively plan for aging system retirement/upgrades as well as end of life forecasting and transition plans.
Monitor ongoing Product success in the market including:
- Financial management
- Customer satisfaction
- Communicates all potential risks (regulatory or other), operational deviations including summary root cause and CAPA metrics to ERT Executive Management personnel as necessary.
- Identify and develop third party business opportunities for software or hardware products to complement ERT’s line of Products.
- Bachelor’s degree (business, engineering or science-related field preferred); Master’s degree in Business Administration or Technology/Science (desirable)
- At least 10 years of experience in product management or equivalent roles for vision/roadmap/business leadership
- Deep healthcare and/or clinical trial industry knowledge
For positions managing eCOA products, these additional qualifications apply:
- Experience with eCOA and/or other clinical data capture technologies
- Experience developing specifications for clinical data management, data transfer, and data storage systems including relevant standards
- Experience with GCP, 21 CFR Part 11, Medical Device Security
- At least 5 years of experience managing a high-functioning team with proven experience in leading and growing teams
- Proven leadership and decision-making ability
- Demonstrated leadership in executing market research (voice of customer), identifying unmet market needs, and translating those needs into business opportunities
- Demonstrated business planning skills and track record of defining, developing, and launching successful software products
- Ability to synthesize information into a compelling story
- Customer focus with interpersonal and influencing skills across the organization
- Project coordination and planning skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in English language
- Ability to travel up to 40-50%, generally domestic, although may include occasional international travel
For those positions managing (medical) devices, these additional qualifications apply:
- Experience with (medical) devices and related technologies
- Experience developing specifications for (medical) data management, data transfer and data storage systems including relevant standards
- Experience developing (medical) devices including documentation (technical file) for CE marketing, FDA 510(k) and other country approvals
Has worked under a Quality Management System covering (medical) device design, development, and manufacturing