Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The VP of Revenue Operations will be responsible for managing the processes, administration, technology and strategy for enabling the sales team to perform at maximum effectiveness. The leader will collaborate directly with the global heads of acquisition, account management and new product sales, in designing the systems to optimize growth. The leader will be counted upon to provide experience, expertise and thought leadership to execute sales territory management, compensation plans, reporting, training and processes management to govern daily operations. He/she will be supported by a team of sales operations professionals who have helped create record growth for the company. This person will work with a fast-paced and passionate group of team members who are working to disrupt multiple markets and be a part of a pioneering effort to build the next phase of tremendous growth for the company.
The VP of Revenue Operations will report to the EVP of Revenue and will be an essential leader in driving revenue growth, efficiency and transformational sales initiatives. The leader will provide strategic counsel and operational guidance to the sales, service and marketing executive team to improve sales effectiveness at CarGurus. The candidate will be a senior sales leader responsible for owning the processes, systems, and activities that enable the CarGurus Sales team to operate effectively. In addition, this person will bring an analytical capability that enables CarGurus to continually improve performance and drives new revenue growth. The leader will be a key member of the leadership team that takes CarGurus to the next level of business growth.
What You'll Do:
- Provide strategic leadership to design and administer all sales processes, policies and programs to drive sales effectiveness and productivity
- Design and document the standards and rules of engagement that direct how CarGurus sales staff engage with the customer and each other
- Build territory management, prospect processing, and sales reporting capabilities to optimize sales performance
- Relentlessly analyze the business and proactively offer insights and recommendations to the sales and executive leadership team
- Design and implement sales compensation plans that align with company objectives, motivate sales staff, and drive productive behavior
- Attract, coach, develop and retain a high-performing business team
- Collaborate with sales leaders and Learning & Development team to design sales training programs to optimize individual and team performance
- Oversee the administration of all enterprise software applications used by the sales team
- Design / evaluate / implement technology and programs to improve sales productivity
- Work with executive leaders from Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, Analytics, Finance, Corporate Development and Legal departments to development optimal sales enablement systems
Who You Are:
- Leadership experience managing Sales Operations function in fast-growing, high-transaction volume, large inside sales organizations in technology industry including consulting, sales operations, market intelligence, business strategy
- Experience in global B2B SaaS sales enablement process management, business analytics, technology and compensation management strategy
- Exceptional people leader: acquire, develop and retain top industry talent to perform beyond expectations
- Strong strategic, analytical ability and intellectual curiosity to drive performance improvement and solve business challenges
- Change management leadership ability to administrate process improvements in large scale sales operations
- Cross-functional collaboration and influence ability at senior most levels of an organization
- Team playing collaborator with highest levels of integrity
- Highly organized, but entrepreneurial with a desire to act quickly
- Strong leaderaction oriented and leads from the front
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.