Chewy is hiring a Director/Senior Director of Engineering for our Payments team in Boston, MA. The Payments team is responsible for the customer experience for Payments across Chewy.com and all business processes/platforms to support those processes. The team is responsible for the full lifecycle of Payment processing from payment authorization in Checkout through to depositing funds in Chewys bank account. The Payment platform currently handles millions of payment transactions a month and is being scaled to handle a rapidly growing volume with greater resiliency. The Payments leader would also own the Giftcards program and customer experience. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for these platforms. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US.
What you'll do:
- Manage and lead a team of experienced Software Managers and Product Managers
- Own the Payments customer experience on Chewy.com and all Payment platforms, integrations, and business processes.
- Work with other Senior Engineering Leaders to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production operations
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition team to continue to build your team and mentor the growth of your team
- Drive technical decisions and work with your Product Managers to manage the roadmaps to support multiple teams within the Chewy Software organization
- Identify and manage priorities within the context of overall Chewy objectives
- Partner with C-Suite and VP leaders
What you'll need:
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing significant software development projects and platforms
- 5+ years of early career experience in Software Development as a software engineer
- 10+ years of experience in Engineering Management
- E-commerce experience
- Payment platform experience
- AWS cloud development experience
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com