Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
Veeva is experiencing rapid growth and strong demand as the cloud software and data market is evolving toward industry-specific, cloud solutions. If you get excited about driving success for existing customers, then this is the role for you. Veeva is hiring a Data Consultant to work on the OpenData Services team.
The Data Consultant supports data services projects in all operational aspects of an OpenData customer engagement. The Data Consultant is responsible for ongoing data quality of deliverables and integration of processes through data checks and procedures for both incoming and outgoing customer data. The Data Consultant interacts with various levels of Customers and Veeva team members in developing and following procedures that meet the Customers data project requirements. The Data Consultant coordinates efforts with internal departments and takes accountability for project timelines. The Data Consultant also plays a large role.
What You'll Do
- Manage customer relationships and be the primary customer point of contact during project implementation, post-implementation support, and maintenance, acting as a subject matter expert of Veeva OpenData
- Utilize all available resources and manage projects from conception to completion within the scope and deliver on time
- Lead customers through the change planning process, providing subject matter expertise
- Support the Veeva Sales team with regard to producing data reports, and managing customer expectations for each project
- Lead in developing, implementing as well as performing proactive quality assurance tasks to ensure project success
- Create project-level documentation and create functional specifications for internal/external stakeholders
- Provide reporting on the current status of the projects to key stakeholders
- Analyze and perform data cleansing and validation on incoming customer data using various tools and automated workflows
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Some experience working with Project Management principles
- Ability to perform in high demand team-based environment
- Planning and analytical skills
- Proficiency in working with data to identify trends and anomalies
- Ability to self-manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Proven track records of delivering projects on time, budget, and scope
Nice to Have
- Bachelors degree in Business, computer or life science (or related major)
- Understand Master Data Management and different Master Data Management systems
- Understand data flow diagrams, MS Viso, MS Project
- Experience in the life sciences industry
- Understanding typical pharmaceutical data sources and purposes, such as client CRM systems, AMA data, DEA data, State License data, and NPI data is a plus
Perks & Benefits
- 401K with company match
- Health, vision, and dental care options
- Life insurance
- Onsite cafeteria
- Allocation for personal development
- Allocation for charitable donations
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].