Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
Veeva is looking for an experienced Sales Manager to drive sales for our cloud-based products and solutions to the life sciences industry across our Vault platform.
As a Sales Manager, you will lead a team of Account Executives responsible for selling Veeva solutions. You will be part of a dynamic and growing team focused on driving excellence across the life sciences industry. The Sales Manager is a critical position responsible for hiring, managing, and mentoring a team of AEs that call upon hundreds of existing, prospective, emerging, and mid-sized pharmaceutical and biotech companies across North America. Creativity, energy, and the ability to hire, manage and support a diverse team are critical to your success.
What You'll Do
- Hire and manage a team of A-players to create and drive business into new and existing accounts
- Meet/exceed pipeline generation and revenue targets set for the team
- Provide strategic guidance related to key opportunities and complete sales cycles
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders across the business, IT, and C-level executives
- Accurate sales forecast and pipeline management
- Review and approve pricing and proposals
- Report and maintain timely and thorough notes pertaining to opportunities via Veevas CRM
- Be willing to travel 50%+
- 3+ years managing teams selling enterprise software and related services into emerging and mid-sized life science organizations
- Understanding of SaaS processes and technology within the Life Sciences industry
- Understanding of enterprise software sales cycles and associated strategies and tactics
- Bachelors degree
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, professional, confident, flexible, and results-driven
- Proactive and energetic approach, flexible
- Willing to travel as required
Nice to Have
- Proven success using Solution Selling Methodologies
- Techniques to influence requirements and the sales cycle timeline
- Effective time management & multi-tasking skills
- History of leadership roles, professional or nonprofessional
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].