Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
This is a top software engineer job that incorporates everything youve worked so hard for. And with the mission of creating cloud software that helps speed up the innovation and delivery of critical treatments and medicines to patients around the globe, it simply doesnt get any more important than this.
Your impact as a seasoned technical problem-solver will mean you will be focused on building software that can not only scale for heavy use, but that can also evolve with new features and capabilities. And because this senior role is independent, you will have equal influence to drive the direction of the build, be an advisor to product leadership and mentor freshly minted software engineers in their new careers.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Product Management and Development team members on technical design and problem solving to come up with compelling solutions to problems.
- Own all aspects of implementation for features from design to development, deployment to production, and support and maintenance.
- Quickly break down complex problems into potential solutions, accounting for knowns and unknowns, in order to get to solid resolutions faster.
- Passion to mentor and guide engineers at all levels
- Define, evangelize and mentor on best practices and coding standards.
- Extensive experience reviewing code engineers of all levels.
- 12+ years of software development experience
- Extensive experience developing enterprise SaaS cloud applications
- Proven track record of building high volume products at scale
- Hands-on development experience with current open source tools and technologies (Java, Spring, MySQL, Hibernate, Maven, Git, Jenkins, AspectJ, Messaging, Solr, and Lucene)
- Drive and flexibility to roll up your sleeves and work hard (and have fun) in a fast-moving startup environment
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.